Counselling is a collaborative confidential process. I will help you explore feelings, thoughts and behaviours so you can gain insight and learn to manage your life more effectively.
As an integrative therapist I use a variety of approaches and styles to address the broad spectrum of issues for which people seek help. People build ways of protecting the heart to survive and cope with what has happened. Although these ways created protection in the past, they can also prevent people from being open, creative, playful and trusting in the present. Therapy may involve exploring walled off emotions, self-limiting beliefs and self-defeating behaviours. It also may involve taking down those protective walls and rebuilding a deep connection to yourself and others you care about. Doing therapy is a journey of self-discovery while attending to the immediate needs in life.
We can address a variety of issues and problems, including:
- Depression, sadness and emptiness.
- Anxiety and difficulties with coping.
- Unhelpful repetitive patterns of relationships.
- Difficulty in maintaining and sustaining satisfactory relationships.
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- A vague feeling something is wrong.
- Irrational fears and feelings of panic.
- Grief and loss.
- Physical issues related to stress.
- Consequences of being an adult survivor of childhood physical, sexual, emotional abuse.
- Coming to terms with traumatic events.
- Difficulty expressing and/or managing anger.
- Suffering trauma and PTSD.
- Life’s difficulties and struggles.