Men’s Issue Counselling
Traditionally, men are brought up to be strong and are encouraged to put up a wall around any sign of vulnerability. When men are unable to maintain this façade, they often feel bad, they shut down, and they hide their feelings. This can lead to defensive responses and anger.
You are not alone.
There is nothing wrong with you.
In counselling, I can help you deal with a wide range of problems, including assertiveness, anger management, communication, sexual issues, loss, and rejection.
Learn about your emotions and how to express yourself effectively and compassionately. Learn how to listen to others.
Learn how to soothe yourself when you feel pressured or stressed.
Contact me for a confidential individual men’s counselling session and/or joining a men’s group.
We can address a variety of issues and problems, including:
- Depression, sadness and emptiness.
- Anxiety and difficulties with coping.
- Unhelpful repetitive patterns of relationships.
- Difficulty in maintaining and sustaining satisfactory relationships.
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- A vague feeling something is wrong.
- Irrational fears and feelings of panic.
- Grief and loss.
- Physical issues related to stress.
- Consequences of being an adult survivor of childhood physical, sexual, emotional abuse.
- Coming to terms with traumatic events.
- Difficulty expressing and/or managing anger.
- Suffering trauma and PTSD.
- Life’s difficulties and struggles.